Friday 25 March 2011

Maya the Cun chick

Maya Karin Roelcke or more popularly known as Maya Karin among her fans, is a well-loved Malaysian actress, host and singer. The beauty, who is of German and Malay parentage had first dabbled in acting when she was offered a part in Aziz M. Osman's feature film "Seri Dewi Malam". Her latest offering for fans is her upcoming role as a glamorous and successful TV host in "Cun" alongside aspiring actor, Remy Ishak.
Interview conducted recently at Cinema Online
First of all, thank you for dropping by at Cinema Online. Can you tell us a little about your role in "Cun"?
You're welcome. Well I play Luna Latisya, a successful host of a popular gossip show. She's engaged but her fiancée somehow messes up and to get away from all the stress, she runs away to a peaceful village and that's where the story really begins.
Tell us some of your most memorable experiences while filming "Cun"?
For me it was just being at the village-side in Kedah for 3 weeks. Just sitting around by the paddy fields and the buffaloes. Hanging about the beautiful village and being surrounded by chickens and ducks was really fun. When things got a little boring or when I was waiting on set, I would chase the chickens and ducks around. (Laughs) It was a really pleasant and fun experience but there were always a lot of mosquitoes around.
How was it like to record a duet with Remy Ishak for the soundtrack of the movie? And also, if there were any interested parties that approached you and Remy with a recording offer, will you accept?
The recording process with Remy was really fun! The whole thing happened by chance when the idea to duet was brought up by Osman and Julian. If someone were to approach me with a recording offer, I would definitely go for it.
What's new and upcoming for you, Maya?
Right now I'm busy shooting "Lagenda Budak Setan 2". Other than that, I've just finished the studio recording session for my upcoming album and patiently awaiting its launch.
What kind of roles do you fantasize to play in the future?
I've always fantasized to play a role that is along the lines of a tough warrior princess. She gets to ride on a horse and has a sword to swing around. (Laughs)
If you were offered a part in James Cameron's "Avatar 2" and the script demands your character to perform a sex scene, will you be willing to accept the part?
No, I won't do it.
Is your ex-husband your first love? If not when was the first time you fell in love?
No. The first time I fell in love was when I was 18 years old. But it didn't last long, as it was only for about 9 months and we communicated through letters. It was a long-distance relationship.
What are your hopes and dreams for 2011 as well as your expectations for your upcoming movie "Cun"?
I'm really excited for this year as I have two really great movies that will be out in the cinemas. I also have an album coming out and I'm really looking forward to it. It will be available very soon. I hope that "Cun" will get a great response because it is a really great movie. Don't forget to catch it at the cinema!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Traffic

free counters